TCP/IP Internet Routes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP/IP Internet Routes?

I've got an as/400 with a IP address of 10.150.1.3 using a *DFTROUTE of 10.150.1.1 (router). The 10.150.1.1 router is connected (or can talk to) our internet router 12.2.XXX.XXX I can ping both routers from the as/400, but cannot get out to the internet(from the as/400). I've got pc's on the same ip segment 10.150.1.xxx using an IP gateway address of 10.150.1.1 that can get to the internet. I just want to do out bound ftp. FTP is running on the as/400 and is allowed by the routers. There are no firewall restrictions either.... Can anyone shed some light on why the as/400 can not get through??? Thanks, Scott

TCP/IP Internet Routes?

Can you ping an outside site from the AS/400?

Comment

TCP/IP Internet Routes?

are you trying to ftp by ip address or by name, if you are trying by name you need to setup the AS/400 to see your DNS.

Comment

TCP/IP Internet Routes?

We can not ping anything outside the network...

Comment

TCP/IP Internet Routes?

We are trying to ftp by IP address only.

Comment

TCP/IP Internet Routes?

Since you are using the private adress space 10.xxx, you must have a proxy server setup somewhere to do address translation before going to the inernet. Could you get information regarding that?

Comment

TCP/IP Internet Routes?

I'll see if I can get that info re. the proxy server. Thanks...

Comment

TCP/IP Internet Routes?

The first thing to do is to determine connectivity. Ping to first router Ping to second. Do both work? Then Ping to the internet. If this doesn't work, the problem is at this router. Now, in order for any of the above to respond, both addrs. must be able to be reached (whether by proxy, NAT etc.) Make sure your gateway router to the internet knows how to resolve your Internet IP addr.

Comment

Working...
                X