AS/400 to Client MainFrame connectivity via Dial-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 to Client MainFrame connectivity via Dial-up

I need suggestions for connecting our AS/400 to client Remote MainFrame via Dial Up connection. Can anyone help me how to do via BiSync ? Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ramesh

Do you plan to use the AS/400 for 3270 (mainframe emulation); File transfers (SNADS); both; or something else? Dave

Comment

Dave, We just want to establish connectivity with the MainFrame and do a FTP process from AS400.

Comment

If the mainframe and the AS/400 are on the same LAN, it is just a question of knowing the mainframe's IP address for FTP purposes (security issues aside). This assumes that the mainframe is using IP. If not, you will have to configure SNADS for file transfers. Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, I would like to connect my 400 to a remote mainframe via Dial up connection and after connecting to it, i would like to do a FTP . I created a Lind (BSC) and varied on. The status is Connect Prnding.But i could not login or do a File transfer. How to connect to a mainframe? Can you help me out? Regards, Ramesh

Comment

I do not have all of your figures, but it would seem that CRTLINBSC may be inappropriate, if you are using standard ASCII modems. According to the IBM Redbook "Cool Title about the AS/400 and the Internet", you can hang a standard ASCII modem from the RS-232 port, and use the command CRTLINASC. Configuring the line for use with TCP/IP should allow you to dial in with FTP requests, once FTP is configured. Dave

Comment

Working...
            X