Async Modem on AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Async Modem on AS400

have an as400 4.4.0 and i want to configure a remote pc's with client access. I had configured Client Access and it call the number of remote pc, the modem bring but not response. How can i do?

Async Modem on AS400

Mauro, The PC has to initiate the call. For the AS/400 to call the PC, the PC would have to have the modem in an answer state. This means some software in the PC such as WIN/95/98/NY dialup connections has to activate the modem for CA/400. Then CA/400 has to be active with an active connection. There might be some comm software such as PC Anywhere that can trigger a script to activate CA/400 and connections. I can't answer that. No recent experience in that area. Regards.

Comment

Async Modem on AS400

Mauro, I may not understand your question, but it sounds like your AS/400 is not answering a call from the client. As Jack said, you need to set the modem to answer. On most modems I have configured, there is a switch that enables auto-answer. Most external modems also have a light with an AA (auto-answer) next to it. That light will usually go on when the modem is powered on if the dip switch that enables auto-answer is set properly. That should get the modem to answer calls, next you need to get the modem to talk with the AS/400, more switches and settings. Post another question if I am way off base, or have further questions. David Morris

Comment

Async Modem on AS400

David, If you can get from the AS/400 to your NT server, most of you TCP/IP setup must be correct. With FTP, there isn't much to set up but I would use Operations Navigator to set the server properties. You can also change the jobd QTCP/QTMFTPS to log all messages (4 0 *seclvl and log CL commands *YES) which will force a joblog to be produced. The other areas to check for clues would be message queue QTCP and QSYSOPR. David Morris

Comment

Async Modem on AS400

Thanks for the help: Checking the QSYSOPR and QTCP error logs gave me a couple of leads. 1.) The QTCPIP job encountered an error causing it to end. 2.) Another job is starting or ending QTCPIP over SNA. Anybody?

Comment

Async Modem on AS400

Found that several exit point programs were missing. Trouble dates back to end of February. Looks like we'll have to re-install TCP/IP. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X