Remote *OUTQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote *OUTQ

I am trying to set up a remote output queue to an IBM 4713 Network Printer. My problem is that when I try to send a spool file to the printer the AS/400 shows it is in a SND status. The spool file never prints. I have no errors in QSYSOPR. I have tried Postscript spool files, PCL spool files, regular spool files (from print screen). The all hang. I created the output queue as follows: CRTOUTQ OUTQ(B200F1TST) RMTSYS(123.123.123.123) RMTPRTQ(PASS) The 4317 is configures for both IPDS, and Postscript, and Ethernet personality is AUTO. Code levels are as follows: CTL 2.24.e5, PCL 1.3.1, PS 1.18, EN 6.20, IPDS 1.27F. I know the IP address is OK, I can ping the printer, and normal output queues print OK. Any idea what I am doing wrong? TIA

Remote *OUTQ

Further info: We are at V4R4. Sorry. TD

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Tom, Are those all of the parameters you specified? I know I have had to put in connection type *IP, destionation type *OTHER, and a workstation customization object. I don't remember any other setting off the top of my head, but I can check if it would help. I have never set up a remote IBM printer so it could be that there is less configuration required for IBM printers. David Morris

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Other settings RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) CNNTYP(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER) TRANSFORM(*NO) Thats it. TD

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Tom, I specified TRANSFORM(*YES) on my printers, MFRTYPMDL(*WSCST) and the workstation customization object. I created the customization object using the rtvwscst for my device type (which are HP printers). Next I used the crtwscst command to create the customization object. Because of the network printer interface that I have is old and free, I couldn't configure a printer device that would work properly because of timeout problems. That relagated me to remote output queues which means that I cannot select print drawers. Are you sure that your printer/interface etc. require a remote output queue? David Morris

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

David, I don't have much of a choice. Our software, JD Edwards OneWorld, created the output queue. I'm going to try the transform yes and see what happens. I found a WSCST that JDE created for a HP4PS I'll try that if transform doesn't work. Thanks, Tom

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Tom, Just curious. What type of device connects it to the network (i.e HP JetDirect)?. Also, I assume you used MFRTYPMDL(*IBM4317) on the CRTOUTQ command?. Ron

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

hi Tom, I just recently setup something similar printing to a HP4 on the network (Jet direct), not sure if this will help any. I created a printer device on the 400 (class *VRT), then I changed the OUTQ parameters to pretty much how you had it : Remote system (*intnetadr), Connection type (*IP), Destination type (*other). I didn't create a remote outq though.. this maybe be the difference. Julie Clemmons

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Ron, A 4317 is connects directly to a lan. You assign an IP address and off you go. Tom

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Julie, I tried a CRTDEVPRT DEVD(XXXX) DEVCLS(*VRT) TYPE(*IPDS) MODEL(0) LANATTACH(*IP) RMTLOCNAM('123.123.123.123') and got an error on DEVCLS(*LAN). Could you send me your config? Thanks Tom

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Hi Tom, I don't remember seeing those parameters while I was creating my device, I just double checked. When I created my device, I did not F10 for additional parameters.. so it must have just used the default. Did is how I created the device, DEVCLC(*VRT), TYPE(3812), MODEL(1), FONT(11), HOST PRINT(*NO) -- I didn't change anything else. Then, I used the CHGOUTQ command to change the outq that was created by creating the device. Chgoutq - Remote system(*INTNETADR), CNNTYPE(*IP), Destination(*other), then specified the IP address, Host print (*Yes). Good Luck !! Julie

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

All, thank you for your help. Below is the definition for an output queue which will be attached to an IBM 4317 printer. This will print both regular AS/400 spoolfiles and *USERASCII files. CRTOUTQ OUTQ(name) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ('PASS') CNNTYPE(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER) TRANSFORM(*YES) MFRTYPMDL(*IBM4317) INTNETADR('123.123.123.123') Please note that TRANSFORM & MFRTYPMDL do not show from the prompter, when you enter some of the other info. I had to CHGOUTQ to add them. Thanks again for the input. Tom Davidson

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Dear All, I have great interest to know that how to configure AS/400 send the spool files to a remote printer which support Postscript only. Since I meet a problem that nothing coming out the remote printer but the status is 'SND' and then 'SAV'. Best Regards, Fenco.

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Here is a config that I use when setting up a dot matrix on a print server. Note the Destination options. Create Output Queue (CRTOUTQ) Type choices, press Enter. Output queue . . . . . . . . . . > P9 Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . > *CURLIB Name, *CURLIB Maximum spooled file size: Number of pages . . . . . . . *NONE Number, *NONE Starting time . . . . . . . . Time Ending time . . . . . . . . . Time + for more values Order of files on queue . . . . *FIFO *FIFO, *JOBNBR Remote system . . . . . . . . . > *INTNETADR Remote printer queue . . . . . . 'raw1' (represents ethernet port 1 on the HP Jet direc. Port 2 would be 'raw2' etc.) Writers to autostart . . . . . . > 1 1-10, *NONE Queue for writer messages . . . QSYSOPR Name Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Connection type . . . . . . . . > *IP *SNA, *IP, *IPX, *USRDFN Destination type . . . . . . . . > *OTHER *OS400, *OS400V2, *PSF2... Host print transform . . . . . . *YES *YES, *NO Manufacturer type and model . . *HP4 (press F4 to get other printer types if configuringanother type of printer) Workstation customizing object *NONE Name, *NONE Library . . . . . . . . . . . Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB Internet address . . . . . . . . 192.168.2.98 (IP address configured on HP JetDirect) Destination options . . . . . . XAUTOQ XAIX (XAUTOQ=support double queue processing; XAIX=support multiple copy printing) Print separator page . . . . . . *NO *YES, *NO User defined option . . . . . . *NONE Option, *NONE + for more values More... F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh F12=Cancel F13=How to use this display F24=More keys Some additional steps are: Move the output queue to QUSRSYS if it is not already there (it may be in QGPL). Use the MOVOBJ command (you will need to end the writer if active) Create a 'dummy' printer using the same name. CRTDEVPRT DEVD(OUTQ) DEVCLS(*VRT) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) ONLINE(*NO) FONT(11) OUTQ must be the same as the existing remote output queue. Ensure that LPD is running (use the STRTCPSVR *LPD command). Use the CHGLPDA AUTOSTART(*YES) command to ensure it will always autostart. STRRMTWTR OUTQ to start the writer on the remote output queue. Hope this Helps. Shawne

Comment

Remote *OUTQ

Shawne - "Move the output queue to QUSRSYS if it is not already there (it may be in QGPL). Use the MOVOBJ command (you will need to end the writer if active) Create a 'dummy' printer using the same name. CRTDEVPRT DEVD(OUTQ) DEVCLS(*VRT) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) ONLINE(*NO) FONT(11) OUTQ must be the same as the existing remote output queue. Ensure that LPD is running (use the STRTCPSVR *LPD command). Use the CHGLPDA AUTOSTART(*YES) command to ensure it will always autostart. STRRMTWTR OUTQ to start the writer on the remote output queue." Just out of curiosity, what do these steps accomplish? To be more specific - Why does the out queue have to reside in QUSRSYS? What is the purpose of the 'dummy' printer? Why does LPD have to be running? Thanks, Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X