Writing to a Network drive...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing to a Network drive...???

Is there a way to send a spool object to a drive somewhere in a large network that is not part of the IFS? The CPYTOPCD command is only good for folders, mounting only works within the IFS and a transfer via Client Access is manual. How do I get the 400 to recognize an NT server's file structure and put a file in a specific directory there?

Unless I'm misunderstanding your problem, You could do a CPYSPLF to a physical file, and download that file to a network drive. Dave

Comment

You could EMAIL it from the AS/400 and then........ Are you looking for an automated solution or do you just want the spool file? Or FTP it

Comment

Are there any other methods than FTP? Trevor

Comment

Did you find a way to access an NT Server from/to an AS/400? I have been working with RUNRMTCMD on an AS/400 and rexecd/NT from Denicomp Systems. So far I am able to execute remote commands from NT Server on an AS/400 and from an AS/400 on an NT Server. From IBM I found that you can install CA on the NT Server and use rfrompcb/rtopcb with .tfr and .tto files. At this point I have run into a block. When I run (remotely) the rfrompcb command on NT, I get an error: IBM AS/400 Client Access for Windows 95/NT Version 3 Release 2 Level 0 Transfer data to AS/400 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation and Others 1984, 1995. All rights reserved. U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp. Licensed Materials - Property of IBM The system name is invalid or has not been configured. Transfer failed. The CA History log on NT Server shows that CA File Transfer connected successfully with AS/400 but then has an error for each of the Network Drives including the one I am attempting to transfer a file from: Client Access Network Drive Type=Error CWB4012 System xxxxxxxxxxx incorrect or inactive Obviously, I am finding the NT drive I need using the UNC but something isn't set up right. I don't understand Network Drives on NT and neither does the NT Network administrator. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

If all you are wanting is to move print job to a pc then Client Access has a neat feature. In operations navigator go to basic operations then printers and open up the printer/ outq that your job is on. From there you can drag and drop. The nice part is that it is automatically converted into a text file.

Comment

Working...
            X