FTP Interfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Interfaces

I have just started using the forum and find it stimulating and useful. I can see who the gurus are out there. I'm Irish and I live and work in the West of Ireland (Nirvana). I will shortly be developing a system which will handle the distribution of files both incoming and outgoing to alternative IP Addresses on the Network. This will involve both FTP Uploads and Downloads. The FTP methods and processing are not a problem. The system will handle the receipt/despatch of files via an Asynchronous job. This job will sit and wait for a trigger mechanism and perform the neccessary FTP processing. Among the options I am looking at at the moment are data queues and triggers. Handling this from the AS/400 shouldn't be a problem as everything will be handled locally. However I need is to be able to recognise when a file needs to be uploaded from a PC network drive and initiate the file transfer automatically. In other words I need some form of communication from a PC to "wake up" the background job. I note that FTP is a popular topic in the forum. I need something Slick and Simple. Any suggestions/recomendations gladly appreciated. Thanks in Advance, Michael.

FTP Interfaces

I am not sure I understand your situation, but let met describe one and see if it fits. A PC process collected data from the e-mail, formated and edited it; at certain times the data file was moved to QDLS and at the same time issued a RMTCMD to start a process on the 400 which copied the file from QDLS to DB2 and then programs in the 400 digested the data and processed it further.... To use RMTCMD you have to have a *REXEC service running on the 400.

Comment

Working...
    X