Dropping CA sessions for no apparent reason TCP/IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping CA sessions for no apparent reason TCP/IP

We are on a model 320-2052 CISC box using V3R2 and CA V3R2M0. All workstations are configured the same running Windows 95 and CA over tcp/ip. We connect over a frame relay WAN to the AS/400 and some users drop their connection (black 5250 screen) for no apparent reason. When WRKACTJOB their workstation shows connected. I must kill their job in order for them to be able to reestablish the connection. Seems like some sort of timeout setting, but I have no idea where to look. Any help would be appreciated of course!

email address michaelc@hainfoods.net

Comment

Mike, The most obvious reasons are all I can come up with. 1) Check the connections of all devices being affected. 2) Check sysval for inactivity periods. 3) Check the screen savers and other Windows(copyright u.s. government), programs. AfterDark was really bad about dropping connections. Hope this helps, Bret Myrick

Comment

Is it any particular PCs that are dropping or is it random? a bad network card can cause some really weird things... bobh

Comment

Seems to be somewhat random, but includes certain pc's more often than not. These PC's are on different MAUs. Is there a time out in CA for setting TCP/IP response? Am I barking up the wrong tree. Am real close to going back to NetSoft Router.

Comment

I tried the netsoft router using anynet. Same problem , better error message. The NS error message says that the AS400 TCPIP interface is experiencing some trouble and has closed the socket. They suggest varying off the controller (QVIRT...) deleteing the device, ending the interface and restarting the subsystem. Still don't understand why it is having this problem.

Comment

Michael, Did you ever find a solution to this problem? We are on a model 300-2040 CISC box using V3R2 and CA V3R2M0 SF59923. All workstations are configured the same running Windows 95/98 and CA over tcp/ip. Tried installing previous version of ca, but still no success. Any help appreciated. Greg greg.cavanaugh@americancoil.com

Comment

Working...
              X