Telnet speed slow over TCP/IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telnet speed slow over TCP/IP

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem that is occuring at a site running on an AS/400 model 200 on release 3.2. They recently switched over all of their twinax connections to their novell network running tcp/ip. The ethernet card is configured and appears to working fine, TCP/IP has been configured and running as well. I believe that the last time a cum tape was installed was at the end of 1999. The problem is that the speed of their connection to the AS/400 slows down considerably at intermittent times. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a PTF available for TCP/IP - TELNET (they are only using the telnet portion of TCP/IP)? Could it possibly be the card, although I am not receiving any error messages on the AS/400? Could it possibly be the tranceiver?? Thanks in advance. Stacy

Stacey, You don't say if it's 10M or 100M Ethernet. If it's 100M check the Line configuration line speed setting to make sure it matches, and make sure it's full duplex. Regards.

Comment

it is 10M, version 3.2 can only go to 10M. I will check the full duplex. I am not sure if that is an option in 3.2

Comment

Working...
      X