transfer *savf between two V4R4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer *savf between two V4R4

What are the options for me to transfer *savf of size 100-500M from one As/400 to another both at V4R4. I need to do it on regular basis (say, daily) and also think about automation of this (list of *savf to be transfered may change time to time, so i need to maintain this easy,I also need to schedule process or start it depending on some events in the system). My connection is TCP/IP over ISDN 192 kbps. As I know,routers used support only IP (not SNA for sure), so my currently running IP connection is my only choice. My questions are: Can I use old SNADS stuff like snddst, sndnetf, ...?; I failed to find how can I invoke TFTP (Trivial FTP)session from AS/400 command line. Is it possible at all? Is it possible to use TFTP from CL program? Is it good choice at all or FTP is better? ( I heard TFTP performing better as it much "lighter" than FTP and TFTP is for sure easier to use and same time enouph functionality for my purposes); Are there any other options for me?

Your question is difficult. Are the screens to which you refer AS/400 (5250) screens, or NT or Windows applications. If not the AS/400, is the application being used, reside on the NT server, or the PC client? Dave

Comment

This stretches my memory, but: Are you required to "log in" to the mainframe? Many mainframe BSC jobs use RJE, requiring you to log in first, specify the job name you want the host to run, then receive the file. All this will affect the design of your ICF file. Essentially, you create an ICF file with record formats designed to perform "send", "receive", "disconnect" functions. Each record format will contain a data field of a size needed to either send or receive the data. You specify this ICF file in your RPG program as a WORKSTN file, and you connect this workstation file to your communications devices using, among other commands, ADDICFDEVE. It sounds complicated, but is actually pretty simple (if I could remember all the pieces). I did several of these programs to get such things as cleared checks from banks, confirmed order lists, etc. Give me some more specifics, and I will dig around and try to find some old examples. Braden

Comment

Are you looking for the DDS source to create the ICF file, and the RPG program to call the bisinc program? Also, are you just looking to receive data only? Ron

Comment

I can get you some source by Monday. Ron

Comment

Attached is the DDS & RPG in a word document. I could not get it to paste in this message. File BSCICFF is the ICF file. File DBFILE is the file you send to the bank with your log in. File FILERECV is the file that you will receive your data in. Device GEISDV is your device description, which is what was specified for program device when compiling ICF file. Also specify 2 devices You will need to ADDIcfdeve geisdv TO bscicff. Remote location should be what you specified in remote location when you created to your device description. Ron

Comment

The $$ADD instruction should be the 1st record in the DBFILE. The data you are sending should start in record 2. As far as the $$REQ, that is usually used when you need to receive data. I thought you are sending data only. Ron P.S. You can also E-mail me at rkc@entrack.com

Comment

Wahahu I thought you told me that you were sending data only. Am I correct in now understanding that you want to send data and receive data? If so, you need the program to receive as well. I don't know why you had a problem with my email address. It is working. The Email is RKC@ENTRACK.COM Ron

Comment

Either MC or News/400 had a article that included the commnad SNDTCPF that you can download the source for. Needs a little work (it's been a few years so I don't remember specific changes I made) But it worked quite well.

Comment

Working...
                  X