How to end the inactive ODBC jobs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to end the inactive ODBC jobs ?

AS/400 Gurus, How can I end the jobs which are started using ODBC(QZDASOINIT/QUSER). what I mean to ask is that I want to end the jobs which are inactive for the last 3-4 hours, then how can I achieve that ? PS: System value QINACTITV is already set to 240 min. and since these are not TELNET jobs so CHGTELNA will also not work.

Here's one way. Type WRKACTJOB or WRKSBSJOB QSERVER and press ENTER. Find the offending job, and type a "4" in the option box. Press "F4", and type *IMMED in the schedule parameter. Press ENTER. Dave

Comment

Asim, What David suggested would work, but I would like to find out more about your situation before I buy in to that solution. The reason is because the subsystem may very well spawn more jobs if you kill of the inactive ones. It seems as if QServer polices itself and WILL end some of the jobs on its own. I have seen many instances where the jobs will terminate on their own and the joblog states the reason for the termination was because there were too many running already. I belive QServer wants some of them sitting around not assigned to a user profile yet so that when a new connection is required, the job is ready to go (a savings of the time required to initiate a new job). Now, if you have some transfer jobs that are already assigned to a user profile (which can be verified by looking at the job log) and it is hungup -or- should have disconnected, then the EndJob command is the appropriate action. Bill

Comment

David and Bill, Thanks for your responses, the solution which have given is what we have been doing uptil now .... I wanted to know if there is some function which could automate this procedure. Like the system QINACTITV value we have for Active jobs. and for Telnet sessions we can define it in the CHGTELNA. so is there anything like that for ODBC jobs ? Asim.

Comment

AFAIK, No. Dave

Comment

Working...
          X