TCPIP quits after 30 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCPIP quits after 30 minutes

I am trying to figure out why my TN5250 session to the AS/400 disconnects after 30 minutes. Everything works fine. Then the client disconnects, and the only way to reconnect is thru the Comm port. (Sorry if this is not specific). The only way to reconnect thru TN5250 is to re-IPL the AS400 box. Also, after the client disconnects, I could not ping the As400 box from the PC. This is on a token ring network. I have tried to set the keep alive timer to the maximum settings. no good. Anyone have a suggestion?

Before you IPL, what is the status of the Line, Controller, Device? Have you tried to recycle TCPIP? Also, check thru IBMs PTFs I recall a known problem with Client Access/TCPIP dropping. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I have someone from AS/400 Customer Support in Rochester helping me. We did all the things you mentioned. He is sending someone to do a loop check on the Token ring adapter.. I will let you know what the outcome is. Presently I am checking the PTF's.....

Comment

I have a site that drops sort of the same way. How do I do a loop check on my token ring to see if tcp/ip is dropping?

Comment

Working...
        X