Netware 5.0 and DNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netware 5.0 and DNS

We run DNS on Netware 5.0. I'm running V4R4 of OS/400. I tell the 400 to use the Netware 5.0 DNS. Anything I do on the 400 that would use the DNS fails. A ping by host name returns 'unknown host'. The same ping from a DOS prompt is fine. IBM has looked at it and says everything is okay, the DNS is not responding. Has anyone come across this situation? Thanks.

Netware 5.0 and DNS

What happens when you ping the DNS server by IP address from the AS/400?

Comment

Netware 5.0 and DNS

That works just fine , Jim.

Comment

Netware 5.0 and DNS

I suggest you review your domain information and host tables. To view the domain info, type CFGTCP and select option 12 (Change TCP/IP domain information). You can also use option 10 to view the host table entries.

Comment

Netware 5.0 and DNS

Have gone through that and it checks out fine. Thanks. Larry

Comment

Netware 5.0 and DNS

I think you have to add the Dns Server name with its IP address in the Host table entry in your CFGTCP option 10. Hope it works this time... Ramesh

Comment

Netware 5.0 and DNS

Just a guess, did you enter the DNS url or IP address to the 400. If you entered the URL you will also have to enter it in the Host table John

Comment

Netware 5.0 and DNS

Thanks I tried it but still no luck.

Comment

Netware 5.0 and DNS

I've been working with the AS/400 DNS lately... When you set up option 12 under CFGTCP, did you enter an IP address under the Domain name server? Is the host name search priority set to *REMOTE? Here's mine: Host name . . . . . . . . . . . 'myas400' Domain name . . . . . . . . . . 'mycompany.com' Host name search priority . . . *REMOTE *REMOTE, *LOCAL, *SAME Domain name server: Internet address . . . . . . . '10.10.208.90' '10.10.208.91' I'm not sure if you need to stop and start TCP/IP after making these changes - most of these don't require a restart. - Bob Leroux

Comment

Netware 5.0 and DNS

John and Bob thanks for your input. Have compared my configuration with your example and tried your suggestions. Still no luck. Thanks again. Larry

Comment

Working...
                    X