Problem with Netware for SAA after going to V4R4M0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Netware for SAA after going to V4R4M0

After going to V4R4M0 (from V4R2M0) everyday I have to end Netware for SAA then start it backup in order for the one remaining DOS PC to connect to my AS/400. All this PC does is download some files then disconnects from the AS/400. After it disconnects QSYSOPR gets the message: Controller CPNAME on line ETHERLIN not contacted. Probable configuration problem. (C R) Reply . . : R No matter how we answer (C or R) the next day we have to stop & start Netware for SAA in order for the PC to connect. I have done some investigating of the controller & line and it does not appear that anything has changed since the upgrade. All other machines use CA Express and TCP/IP to connect to the AS/400. We are using NetWare for SAA Version 2.00t dated December 21, 1994. We do not want to upgrade Netware for SAA because we have just one machine and hopefully we will be getting rid of it before the end of the year. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeremy

You don't mention which CA you are using, but if you are not using CA Express you can try reconfiguring the PC connection to use native IPX and not use the SAA server. We had a Netware SAA environment and we migrated to native IPX for about a year before finally moving our network to TCP/IP.

Comment

We had a similiar problem but it occured intermittently(sp?). We finally, in frustration and lack of any alternatives, replaced the network card in the server (after my PC guy INSISTED that it HAD to be a problem with the /400). Long story short, that did the trick for us. John Panzenhagen P.S. You may also check the cable attaching the PC to the network. I had problems with a PC connecting yesterday and it turns out that there was a 9' cable trying to stretch 9' 1/2". New cable, no problem!

Comment

Working...
      X