FTP from mainframe to 400 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP from mainframe to 400 problem

We are having a rather interesting problem with FTP'ing files from a mainframe to our AS/400 over Token Ring. Our AS/400 (V4R4) Token Ring line is configured with a maximum frame size of 1472. I have no idea why it was set to that value - I am assuming some gateway or device someplace on the network or on the AS/400 had problems in the past. The mainframe is running a OS/390 2.8 release of the operating system, and prior to the OS upgrade (up from 2.6), the FTP process had no problems. The maximum transmission unit is set to 1492 on the mainframe. It looks like the AS/400 is negotiating at 1440, and then accepting at 1416 (1417 and higher does not work). Has anybody else seen this problem?? Thanks, Annette

Annette, I am interested in the symptoms of the problem. Does the FTP die, or the file transfer is aborted, or are the records truncated? Thanks.

Comment

The records are truncated. There are 15 records in the file to be FTP'd. We can get 4 1/2 records the first transmission, 4 1/2 the second, and then it starts over at record number 1. We see no record transfer beyond 8 1/2 records.

Comment

To me, FTP is not a good way to transfer data file directly in between system, I suggest you to save the data files into *SAVF first, and then use FTP to transfer the *SAVFto destination system. At the end, restore in from *SAVF.

Comment

You might try the forum at www.mvshelp.com Some one there might be able to help bobh

Comment

Working...
          X