AS400 books on AS/400 to AS/400 Admin/ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS400 books on AS/400 to AS/400 Admin/ops

Can anyone suggest a book or books on administration from one AS/400 to another. I am in charge of 45 AS/400 all connected with TCP/IP. I need help with remote commands and stuff like that. My current project is creating an as/400 usrprf on one machine and replicating it on all machines, how to handle errors and such. Thanks for your time! Brian J. McNamara

The V4R5 version of Client Access Express(OPS NAV) will help considerably in this. You can drag and drop users, files etc, from one system to another. You can also setup jobs to run on any or all of the AS/400s in your network. Sliced bread has nothing on this CA/Express. But I believe that this functionality is only available with CAX V4R5. It will only allow you to do things that the target OS/400 supports but I have used it successfully between or V4R5 systems and the V4R4 boxes(we don't have anything older than V4R4.) HTH Chris

Comment

Chris, Thanks for your help. My problem is here everyone uses Rumba telnet. I am mainly trying to put a menu option together so the support staff doesn't have to do repeated functions. An example would be assigning a new user id. Instead of creating a new one on every system, (there are over 40 AS/400's here) I want them to fill out a screen on one system and then automatically create the usrprf on all systems that they checked off.

Comment

Working...
      X