Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewing AS/400 folders through Ethernet I/P address instead of through the Tokenring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing AS/400 folders through Ethernet I/P address instead of through the Tokenring

Recently we switched from using the Tokenring card on our AS/400 to using an Ethernet 10/100 TCP/IP connectivity. We changed the DNS server to point to the new I/P address and now users that went through Network Neighborhood no longer see the folders on the system. Just printers. I've tried having the user changing their Novell login password to match the AS/400, reboot and still no folders. I create a new connection and specify the tokenring I/P address and when they click on the system through network neighborhood, they see the folders?? Any suggestions on how I can get the users to view folders through the Ethernet I/P address utilizing Network Neighborhood?

Viewing AS/400 folders through Ethernet I/P address instead of through the Tokenring

Ollie, One possible cause might be the HOST table in the work station. In NT click the MyComputer folder. Click the WINNT folder, then SYSTEM32, then DRIVERS, then ETC. HOSTS should be the 1st file. Open it under Notepad and check the IP setting for the AS/400. It probably points to the TR, or it might be missing. Change it or add it for the Ethernet. The path is similiar for WIN95/98. You just need to find the ETC directory. If this isn't the solution, then what OS release is installed, and what is the work station using? Regards.

Comment

Working...
    X