FTP over dial-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP over dial-up

What dial-up configuration is neccessary on a local AS/400 using ECS modem to run FTP with a remote non-AS/400 machine?

FTP over dial-up

Gene, IBM has a tech line document that describes the process fairly well. The document is 12592958. If you need a copy, just send an email to dmmorris@bigsky.net and I will forward it to you. The document describes how to set up a PPP or SLIP connection. With your ECS modem you will probably need to change one of the switches. David Morris

Comment

FTP over dial-up

Thank you David, the document helped and we configured PPP okay and flipped modem dips okay. Now when we start our PPP profile, Ops Nav shows it goes to DIAL, then sits in LCP-CONFIGURE for about a minute, then times out. What needs changing to make it ACTIVE? The modem log shows the following after the phone number is dialed:
       Reading modem response. CONNECT 26400 Establishing point-to-point connection for profile PPOM_PROF. NOTE: LCP sent MAX(10) Configure-Request 

Comment

FTP over dial-up

How do I change encrypted data attribute data value from '1' to '0'? Ops Nav displays CPF226D and doesn't allow 'OK' button on PPP profile to be clicked unless system value QRETSVRSEC matches encrypted data attribute value, '0' or '1'. Seems Ops Nav creates new PPP profile with encrypted data attribute value of '1'. QRETSVRSEC was originally '0', but we had to change QRETSVRSEC system value from '0' to '1' for Ops Nav to accept a new PPP profile. Then we set QRETSVRSEC back to '0', but now Ops Nav doesn't allow any changes to the PPP profile unless QRETSVRSEC is '1'. How do we get to the encrypted data attribute value in the PPP profile and change it from '1' to '0'? I don't see it on PPP profile tab pages.

Comment

Working...
        X