Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Configure AS/400 IFS to recognize rest of PC network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure AS/400 IFS to recognize rest of PC network?

Is it possible within the AS/400 IFS (or however one put's it) to configure it so that it recognizes the rest of one's PC network? Many of the IFS related OS/400 commands are tantilizingly limited. That is, they have parms to some "folder path". But means exclusively the IFS. For example, the CPYTOPCD command has a "to folder" parameter. It would be soooo nice if that parm could except some other server and path -- \otherserverspecificpath. Is this possible? IBM have future plans?

Using Operations Navigator you can create a share of the particular IFS. IT looks and acts just like a share on an NT machine. I believe the procedure has been posted here in the past. If you can't find it, I can post it again. Chris

Comment

Theorhtically you _should_ be able to do this with Netserver. But even though they call it SMB, I've found it's not 100% compatible SMB. Imagine that. Brad

Comment

If you configure the AS/400 NetServer service you can access shares on any PC in your network via the QNTC file directory. MRC did an article on it earlier this year. Check your back issues or get the resource CD for more info. You can also create IFS file shares that can be accessed from any PC to read/write PC files. Also check out http://www.as400.ibm.com/netserver for info on NetServer configuration. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Working...
        X