FTP start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP start

I can start FTP but it ends immediately. The job log is not very enlightening. Can anyone suggest things to try. All other TCP/IP applications seem to work OK. e.g. HTTP, TelNet, WSG (apart from signing on again) etc. Thanks in advance

FTP start

Is there anything in the job log that you might be able to share? Dave

Comment

FTP start

First make sure FTP is registered. Use WRKREGINF to determine.Scroll down and you should see: QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ VLRQ0100 *YES FTP Client Request Validati QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ VLRQ0100 *YES FTP Server Request Validati QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON TCPL0100 *YES FTP Server Logon QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON TCPL0200 *YES FTP Server Logon If not, use this command to register FTP: CALL PGM(QTCP/QTMFEXIT) PARM('*INSTALL ') Let me know if this does/doesn't do it.

Comment

FTP start

Checked that list and it did not have the TCPL0200 part of it. Tried the command and it did not change anything i.e. starts OK but stops immediately. I've attached one of the original job logs which does mention the above format as missing. How do I get it ? Another worrying part of the job log messages, is the line that mentions being unable to obtain storage. This is a new 270 with about 5Gb of 25Gb disk used and at most 3 users currently.

Comment

FTP start

Jim, Looks like your FTP server has not been started. To start the FTP server, and make sure it is always started, type: STRTCPSVR SERVER(*FTP) CHGFTPA AUTOSTART(*YES) NBRSVR(3) INACTTIMO(300) Another possibility... how is your disk utilization? Has it reached 90% or over?

Comment

FTP start

FTP is always started automatically as per the other TCP/IP servers. As per previous messages, it stops immediately (see job log attached to previous message). Disk usage is at 25%. It is a brand new 1 month old Model 270 with s/w as per IBM load, except for PTFs and Service packs which are now up to date as of Nov 3rd. The update had no effect on the FTP start/stop routine. I'm totally bewildered now !!!

Comment

FTP start

Jim, Okay, these suggestions may sound stupid but thought I'd throw-em out there. With authority failure auditing active, try starting the FTP server. Then run command DSPAUDJRNE for type AF. See if the system is logging any authority failures. (They should have shown up in the job log, but worth a shot.) Take a second look at exit points VLRQ0100, TCPL0100, & TCPL0200. Make sure they don't have registered programs attached to them. If there are any, try removing them (noting what they are first) and see if your problems go away. Beyond this and up to date PTFs, no more ideas. HTH Scott

Comment

FTP start

Thanks, Scott but according to the job log and WRKREGINF, TCPL0200 isn't there. As it is the fiorst time I've got down to exit points, how do I check Exit points as you suggest and if I need TCPL0200, how do I get it ?

Comment

FTP start

Is there an exit program? The default will do what you describe. bobh

Comment

FTP start

Jim, Prompt the command WRKREGINF and make sure parms are (Exit Point = *REGISTERED) and (Format = *ALL). The third page down shows the FTP exit points. I have no idea why you would be missing some of the points. To display any programs attached to the points you put an 8 in front of it. I would think that your entire problem hinges on the fact that a point is missing. Never ever seen that one before. No idea how to get it back either.

Comment

FTP start

DISCLAIMER: If you follow these instructions, I know of no way to delete the exit point once you've added it. Jim - To add the exit point, do the following: ADDEXITPGM and F4. Enter QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON as the Exit Point. Enter TCPL0200 as the Exit Point Format. Enter 1 as the Program Number. Enter any valid library/program as Program and Library. (The name and library doesn't matter, you will delete them in a moment.) Press F10. Enter *YES for Create exit point. Press ENTER. This will create the exit point with a library and program name as the exit point program. Enter WRKREGINF, find QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON/TCPL0200 exit point. Put an 8 by it and press ENTER. Put a '4' by the exit program that you just added. This will create the exit point with no exit program attached. I don't know if IBM has a default exit program that is normally attached to the exit point. HTH, Steve

Comment

FTP start

Thanks folks, will try previous suggestions ASAP. But for anyone who has the TCPL0200 in place and working, what are the exit programs that should be there so I can check my system to see if thdey exist - and then I can chase IBM to see what happened to them if not there...

Comment

FTP start

Scott, I hit something similiar in my Trinidad installation. They were missing the 4 QIBM_QTMF exits. I added them, but I can't get them to show in the WRKREGINF list. It seems like they went off into 400 fuzzy land. Does TCP have to be shut down and restarted? I haven't tried this yet. TIA. Jack

Comment

FTP start

Jack - Try WRKREGINF *ALL and see if they appear as *NO under the REGISTERED column. If so, from a command line enter CALL QUSRGPT PARM('QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON' 'TCPL0200' X'00000000' X'00000000') HTH, Steve

Comment

FTP start

I think we are all talking about the same thing here but the wording is a little confusing. Let me recap: 1. The registered exit points have always been there for me when I received an AS/400 from IBM. I have never seen them missing before. No idea how or why they should be missing. Steve mentioned how to add an exit point earlier. I have never had to do this so I don't know why it wouldn't show up after doing what he mentioned. I wouldn't think you would have to restart any of the TCP/IP servers. 2. You may not necessarily have an exit program attached to an exit point. Most of these exit points are just there for your benefit. You can either buy an exit program from someone or code it yourself. If you choose not to use exit point programs then you don't have to do so. If you have IBM support, you might try bouncing it off of them. Since we have at least two systems here that are apparently missing exit points, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for it. I have checked my reference materials and can't find any mentions of missing exit points. Puzzled?????

Comment

Working...
                              X