FTP authorization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP authorization

One of our satellite installations in Trinidad is having a problem with FTP, AS/400 to an NT Server in a Novell Ethernet network. The command starts to execute. It returns the message that it's connecting to the host at address n.n.n.n using port 21. Then the 400 puts out message TCP3C8A, "Operation not authorized". The recovery explanation says "See your system admin or security officer". Wow. It doesn't matter who is running the command. It fails with QSECOFR. My 1st inclination was that the server was causing a rejection. But I tried an FTP LOCALHOST and received the same message. I did find that port 21 was not active (ftp-con). I started the server, activated the port, ran FTP and got the same error. The command FTP has PUBLIC *USE. The library QTCP and it's objects have PUBLIC *USE. The Trinidad machine is a 500 at V4R3. Has anyone encountered this before. I still feel it's the server permissions causing this, except for the LOCALHOST internal loop failure. Thanks in advance for any contributions. Regards. Jack

FTP authorization

It could be an exit point problem, Jack. Do a WRKREGINF and check the following exit points: QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON See if any of them have exit programs attached (use option 8). If they do, you need to have a little chat with whoever wrote those programs. Joe

Comment

FTP authorization

Joe, Just to give you a status. You had part of the answer to the problem. WRKREGINF did not list the QIBM_QTMF_..... servers. I used Steve McKay's suggestion to use the command ADDEXITPGM to get them in the list. Did another WRKREGINF. Still missing. Used J Pigott's suggestion to run the pgm for QTMFEXIT *INSTALL. Did another WRKREGINF. Still missing. Nothing logs anywhere (that I can find). I have IBM support working on it. Tried all kind of tricks. Nada. This is a good one. I just know it's going to be something stupid. Happy holidays. Jack

Comment

FTP authorization

Jack - Just a heads up here - when using the *INSTALL parm as mentioned by jpiggot, you must include two spaces after *INSTALL (I.E. '*INSTALLbb', where bb represents two spaces). HTH, Steve

Comment

FTP authorization

Thanks Steve. I'll try it.

Comment

FTP authorization

Just to post status. This is now solved. The solution was the "Install" program call. My thanks to all. It was actually Steve McKay's note to provide the 2 blanks at the end of the parm that did it. If you use Steve's response please note that the *INSTALL parm must be upper case. Happy holidays to all. Jack

Comment

Working...
            X