TCP/IP Outbound Routing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP/IP Outbound Routing problems

Is there a method for controlling the outbound door TCP traffic chooses? I can choose a port but sometimes my IP traffic leaves from different interfaces, which can cause routing issues. How do I make sure all my SMTP traffic leaves from a particular interface, even if I have 6 up and active?

Do you really need to have each of the interfaces active? If you created the interfaces for the purpose of handling multiple domains on your AS/400, only one interface actually needs to be started, and that will force a particular route. Otherwise I think the first interface started is the default route, so you could force your outbound SMTP traffic to one interface by starting it first when you bring up TCP.

Comment

Jeff, Couldn't you define a route entry with a preferred interface for the Email Server?

Comment

Doug, Yes I need so many interfaces, I have been toying with the idea of virtual IP adressing, but there is scant information on its implmentation on the 400. But we just have the interfaces come up at the start of TCP, I will try stopping the auto and manually starting them with what I want my default to be started first. That would explain my inconsistent results. Great idea, thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X