DOmino Server has a run away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOmino Server has a run away

I have a domonio server on my AS/400 that is eating my AS/400 alive. Specifically the ROUTER task under this server is taking anywhere from 50 to 70 percent of the system for no apparent reason. A show task reveals that the router is idle on the Domino console. Any ideas ????

Have you tried changing the priority of the router job to a higher number. This will not stop the job from sucking up memory, but it will allocate priority to all other jobs. Dave

Comment

I did adjust the priorty to 51 (below my batch jobs) ... things are getting done a little quicker but it's still no where near where it was. FYI this happened all of a sudden. This Domino server has been running unchanged for 18 months.

Comment

I had a similar problem with the SMTP server. The ultimate solution was to create a data area with a value of '1'. This instructed the AS/400 to clean up certain areas. The performance issue was then gone. I wish I could remember the name of the data area, but it wouldn't be exactly the same for DOMINO. Try going to http://www.as400.ibm.com and see if there are any APARs on the subject. If you have Service Director, you could create a problem record to see if any PTFs have been identified for this problem. Dave

Comment

5.0.4c cured that for us - eventually!!! You should see the size of our file at Assist/400!! In the meantime try; from the Domino Console, TELL ROUTER QUIT Now go in to the IFS of your Server and in to qibmUSERDATALOTUSSMTPMTAINBOUND Sort by File Name and you'll notice that any mail in there will be in two parts; somegarbagename and somegarbagenameb The first file contains who the mail is between, the second part is the actual mail itself. If you have a HUGE amount of mail in here, then there's gunk bouncing around the system that's driving ROUTER nuts. Look at the first one (Notepad will open it up) and look to see if there's entries for QNONDELIVERY or QTCP, if there is - delete 'em. Next go in to DOMINO ADMINISTRATOR over to the MESSAGING tab and open your mail box, it's called mail.box, and see if there's any crud in there that can be deleted. If MAIL.BOX is empty after this (press F9 to refresh your screen to confirm this) come out of ADMINISTRATOR (it's not unusual for your PC to crash at this point!!!) and go back in to IFS. Go in to the NOTESDATA directory and delete or rename the MAIL.BOX file (you have double checked that it's empty! Note, even if it's 'empty' it can still be a huge file.). Go back to your DOMINO CONSOLE and type in LOAD ROUTER. It'll recreate MAIL.BOX and should be a whole lot quieter. Go to 5.0.4 quickly - the upgrade is available on the latest CUM-PTF CD's as a standard AS/400 format PTF Hope that helps Steven

Comment

The ultimate solution was to clean out the SMTP server. Once this was done the Router job wnet back to normal and the system is performing as before. Thanks much for everyones help ... I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X