Async & ICF Dial problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Async & ICF Dial problem

The best way I find for debuging Async modems is to use IBM's STRITF command. Once you have a session (if you do not bet the session your configuration is not correct) try AT and Enter, you should get an OK from the modem. Also, what type of US Robotics modem do you have? I may have the dip switch setting to work with the 400.

Async & ICF Dial problem

StrITF does Work. I get the Responses back fine. When Using STRCMNTRC and printing out the report, If I send AT to the modem I get OK as a responce. If I send out ATI4 to the modem, I receive the configuration of the modem. If I would send out the number ATDT3444 I receive ".. NO CARRIER.." as a response. Please help. Thanks

Comment

Async & ICF Dial problem

You will only get a CONNECT is you dial another modem, the NO CARRIER to an extension sounds normal to me. The extension should ring. Have you tried dialing the scale from STRITF? Once you connect, you may have to begin a logon sequence with that system. The only experience I have in this area is calling a paging service and having a ASYNC conversation which included sending a message. I have no idea what a scale modem would expect.

Comment

Async & ICF Dial problem

I am trying to connect an AS/400 to a Scale via a Us Robotics Modem. I created a line, Controller, and a Device. They are all at Connect Pending or varied on Status. I created an ICF File to communicate with this. In my RPG-Le Program, I acquire the Device. (The status of the line then is Active.) But the Device or Control Does not dial the Telephone number. I also sent a line out to the modem with the 'ATDT3955' text to dial that specific extension. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Async & ICF Dial problem

Thanks Dave, Yes I am trying to connect to a Modem. Using STRITF dials it fine. But the program does not. I am thinking I may have an error in the IF File. Thanks Again! - Brian

Comment

Working...
          X