info32 printer on the AS/400 and NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info32 printer on the AS/400 and NT

I want our IBM info32 printer to be on the AS/400 and an NT printer at the same time. I can get the printer to work from both systems one at a time but once I start the writer on the AS/400 it seems no longer available to NT. The status of the document remains at "spooling". If we end the writer on the AS/400 we can then print. Is there a parm somewhere in the devd or an option on the printer to allow both NT and the AS/400 to share the printer? Thanks, Greg

In the device description on the AS/400 side, do you have a parm called Inactivity Timer? This may be the cause if *NOMAX is specified. Change it to *SEC15. HTH Scott

Comment

The parm is not available with *lan and AFP *yes, do you have an example of the device description for using a printer with both hosts. I need the info32 to print overlays so I beleive I need the AFP, When I try to recreate the device Description using *sec15 I get a conflict with the Afp parm. Thanks,

Comment

To make this work in the past I have had to put in a psfcfg file. crtpsfcfg. give it the inactivity timer of *sec15 in there. then enter this file into the defined objects of the IPDS printer description on the AS400 and it will release the printer so that NT can print to it over TCPIP. EX. Below: To tell the AS/400 to release the printer after printing a job, do the following: From a command line: CRTPSFCFG Give this file a name, any name will do The only variable that needs to be set is RELEASE TIMER It should be set to *SEC15 Press to create the file Find the affected printer and vary it off (you may need to end the writer first) WRKCFGSTS *DEV device_name Take an 8 on the device when it is varied off, then take a 2 to change the configuration Find the variable USER-DEFINED OBJECT and set it to the name of the file you created The file is of type *PSFCFG Vary the printer on and start the writer

Comment

Thanks for the response, that is exactly what needed to be done. Greg

Comment

Working...
          X