Basic Telnet connection through a proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Telnet connection through a proxy

Hi, I'm looking for someone able to workabout a problem with connection through different subnets. I've just finished setting up a Zyxel Prestige 642R ADSL Router, so I was wondering about allowing remote users to logon on our As400 170. The clients of the lan use Client Access to access the system over a TCP connection. This is my network's architecture: Static IP -- ZYXEL -- 192.168.1.1 -- 192.168.1.50 --- WINDOWS NT SERVER address ROUTER (external w/ PROXY SERVER 2.0 nt server | interface) 10.0.0.2 (internal ip) | | | AS400 10.0.0.3 -------| | | Lan clients 10.0.0.x -----------| As a first step I created a route to and fro the As400. As a result I am able to PING the router interface and to ping the As400's ip from the router. Then I set up a redirection on port 23 to 10.0.0.3 in router's PAT table (I've done the same thing on port 80 to an internal web server and it's ok...) Then I tried to start a basic telnet session to AS400 from an external pc with no result. I supposed it was a problem of packet filtering made by the router, so I disabled filtering. No result again. I also tried to telnet a windows 2000 station and it worked well, so it's not a problem related to router bad settings... If I telnet the As400 from a 10.0.0.x class address the connection is correctly established. I still have to test telnet from a 192.168.1.x client. If that test is negative I will have to concentrate on Proxy server's settings, either way it would depend for sure on the As400 not accepting telnet calls coming from IPs not belonging to its same subnet. Though I can't still be sure that it's not a problem with Proxy Server how could I have been able to telnet Windows 2000 (10.0.0.60)? For this reason I tend to exclude Proxy Server to be the cause. Please correct me if I'm wrong. What can I do? Any ideas? Is there any kind of logs that could help me? Thanks in advance to you all. Giacomo Barbieri www.idscweb.com

Basic Telnet connection through a proxy

I try to repost the figure as I found it quite confusing. help me please. |--Static IP |- ZYXEL Router |-- 192.168.1.1 (router internal ip) | |-- 192.168.1.50 --- WINDOWS NT SERVER external ip |- Windows NT Server w/ PROXY SERVER 2.0 |-- 10.0.0.2 (internal ip) | | AS400 10.0.0.3 | Lan clients 10.0.0.x

Comment

Working...
    X