FTP Return Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Return Codes

On your browser, go to www.altavista.com then enter "FTP return codes" including the "s. Choose the language and pick search. On the first resulting page you should find a red-book on AS400 TCP/IP; in that book you will find a list of return codes. I think it's appendix B, maybe. HTH bobh

FTP Return Codes

I read an IBM manual and my understanding on what I read was, you can't transfer an AS400 database with packed fields to a Unix box or a PC. As I recall, I've worked on a project where we send an AS400 database file with a packed field to a Unix box. Could someone clarify this for me? Thanks in advance... Willie

Comment

FTP Return Codes

The translation to ASCII should automatically unpack your packed fields. Signs may be a problem. Dave

Comment

FTP Return Codes

Thanks Dave! This makes me feel better... That's what I've been telling the consultants in my team. They (consultants) are insisting that this is not possible and showed me the IBM documentation. Currently, I don't have a way to test it because my PC is not configured to be a target system for FTP. Is there anyone willing to test this? I just need a target system to FTP my AS400 Database file with a packed field and the recepient could email me and attach the file received. My email address is willie.ocop@eaglegl.com. Thanks in advance... Willie

Comment

FTP Return Codes

Where can I find information on FTP return codes? Thaanks

Comment

FTP Return Codes

I think what your consultants are referring to is the fact that UNIX does not support packed fields. As a matter of fact natively, UNIX does not support fixed length fields or records. Everything is a stream of bytes. The only way to get a fixed length record is to hard code a line return character at the end of each record. For a test, try using the CPYTOIMPF command to the QOpenSys directory in the IFS. If all comes out O.K., then it should also be O.K. to any Unix variant system. Dave

Comment

Working...
            X