A little OpsNav trouble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little OpsNav trouble...

I'm almost back up. One of the last pieces is mapping the AS/400 IFS as network drives to W2K. This requires OpsNav. Unfortunately, when I click on my File Systems icon, I get the following: "An error occurred while retrieving directories and files. Please check your communications path to the AS/400." This is odd, because everything else works just fine. I have emulation sessions up, it sees my TCP/IP servers and Client Access servers. For the fun of it I tried configuring my AS/400's DNS server, although I'd never done that before. No joy. So now I cannot get into my file system, and that's a REAL problem. Anybody run into this? Joe

Just curious Joe...what all did you have to do to get your data/system back?

Comment

Joe, Anytime you have a problem where some things work but some don't, the first thing you should try is CWBPING at your PC. This will tell you the status of the AS/400's servers as they appear to the PC. Bill

Comment

FORMAT C: Seriously, a full reinstall from scratch.

Comment

I'll try CWBPING when I get home, Bill, but what SHOULD I see? Because in OpsNav itself, I can bring up the list of servers, both TCP/IP and Client Access. And in the Client Access servers, ALL are in "Started" mode. Similarly, nearly all of my TCP/IP servers are started. I don't have DHCP or BOOTP relay started, or VPN, I believe (going from memory here). Other than that, they're all started. It seems there's just a configuration issue or perhaps Client Access V3R2M0 won't work with W2K SR1. In fact, that may indeed be the case, but it's odd because NEARLY everything works. Maybe I need to install CAX.
          sigh<

Comment

Gz Louise. I just searched on my own messsages, and got this: "Client Access does NOT work with Windows 2000. You must use Client Access Express." Duh. That's the problem. Time to get a CAX disk. Duh Duh Duh.

Comment

Joe: I not sure if it requires CAX, but, another way you could try to map your PC drive to the IFS with W2K, is to use Add a Network Place. You launch an icon on your W2K desktop called My Network Places and the first entry in the folder is called Add Network Place. It brings up a wizard to guide you through the process and you describe your as400 \qMYAS400, like in CAX. I think it may work, because there are some 400 users that don't connect with CAX, yet they still can map their PC drive to the 400. HTH

Comment

I'll try that, Mike, but I have a feeling I'm just going to go to CAX. It'll still be good to know in case I run into this in the field. Joe

Comment

Working...
                X