sending files using distribution queues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending files using distribution queues

Hi all I'm trying to transfer files from 1 as400 to another. The WRKDSTQ command shows the status of the queue as SENDING.Then it eventually times out. QSNADS is running on boths systems. The APPC device descriptions are ACTIVE on both systems. I did notice 1 thing. When I'm sending a file, I am unable to passthrough. the error message I get in the history log is starting recovery for snads sender. error code 22 Any suggestions

Is it possible that either of your systems is over the system threshhold for disk usage? SNADS will not send files if you are over the threshhold. The default is 90%. Do a WRKSYSSTS and see what your disk usage is at. Hope this helps. Mark

Comment

Hi Mark Is that the % system ASP used. Because if it is, one of the boxes is 90.73 % Nadim

Comment

Yes. So one of your boxes is over the threshhold. Try deleting some stuff to get it under 90%. You should then be able to send the files. Mark

Comment

I've spoken to the customer, they get the same result, even when the ASP is below 90 on both systems.

Comment

Problem was caused, because a configuration list for QAPPNRMT didn't exist on either of the 2 systems. Created config list, files are leaving DSTQ. They still don't appear on the other system, error message MCH1202, which we think a PTF may fix. 5763SS1 - SF60310

Comment

Nadim, May I know the link-type of the controller descriptions you are using? Also, did you check if there is a directory entry in the target AS/400 to receive the file you are sending? What about the directory entry for the returning delivery-confirmation message?

Comment

Ricardo Thanks for the reply. I've managed to sort the problem. Problem had been caused due to the config list not existing on the receiving box, and NO entry for the receiving box on the HOST box (WRKCFGL). Nadim

Comment

Working...
                X