Netstation 2200 and power cuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netstation 2200 and power cuts.

When I get a power cut and power is restored quickly my UPS keeps the as/400 running but all the lines go into reconnect pending. When power is restored I have to Vary off the line and vary it on again to get the netstations to work. On a longer power cut the as/400 ipl's and there is no problem. Thanks

Dom, You must not have any dumb terminals at your site. These should come back and have signon screens. The inability of attached emulated PCs to regain a signon screen after this scenario is a shortcoming of that attachment type. If you have a significant number of devices to attach, maybe you should just IPL after an outage like that. This wouldn't be a good idea on a V3 machine, but with V4 the IPL time was greatly reduced. Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill, I had a feeling that that was the case and it is true IPL times are very short With v4. The only problem is I am not always on site to do one when it is needed.

Comment

Could the problem be that the Hubs/Switches are not on any UPS? This happened to us, and after the switches were put on small Power supplies the problem went away (only for the quick power outs). Our Network stations are being servered by an NT server rather than the AS/400, but the Enet card in our AS/400 no longer goes to "pending" Steve

Comment

Working...
        X