Netserver and W2K Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netserver and W2K Pro

Try changing the Netserver configuration to be in the same domain as your PC and see if that helps. Scott Mildenberger

Netserver and W2K Pro

Scott; OK I have changed the netserver domain name so it matches the workgroup name on the W2K box and the domain name on the AS400. I restarted netserver, rebooted the PC because I also changed the workgroup name to be the same as the domain name. Now the AS400, Netserver and W2K workgroup all belong to Legend.com domain.....unfortunatly it still doesn't find netserver, not even by the ip address. Anything else I might check or try... Thanks Scott. Mauricio Della-Quercia

Comment

Netserver and W2K Pro

As usual I am having a hard time in a net working area (nothing strange there). I am trying to set-up net server with client access express but for whatever reason I cannot get W2K to locate the net server. So far this is what I have: - I have configured net server through operations navigator and ensured it is active. - I can ping the net server name (qnetserver) - I have confirmed that the net server name is actually QNETSERVER' by looking at the initialization job in qsysopr messages. - I have added an entry in the LMHOSTS file with the following line: 192.168.0.4 NetServer #PER - I have gone into search to find the qnetserver using the name, the pi address but I have been unsuccessful. The part that I am unsure about is the work group or domain name on the W2K pro box. I really don't know what to put there, for the moment I have the host name from the AS400 domain configuration. any insights are very appreciated. Thanks Mauricio Della-Quercia

Comment

Netserver and W2K Pro

Phew, these security issues give me a hell of a headache. The problem was that the router was droping requests for port 137, 138 and 139. I now have it forwarding correctly. Once that was taken care of my internal firewall (zonealarm) was blocking any attempts from the W2K box to access the netserver so I have desabled it for the moment. Sooo..after all that was done I tried to find the netserver again and it was successfull by the IP address. Thanks Scott for the hand. Mauricio Della-Quercia

Comment

Working...
        X