WSG ( Workstation Gateway ) works on intranet, but not internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSG ( Workstation Gateway ) works on intranet, but not internet

These networking problems are always difficult for me too.But, since you can connect to as400.hostname.com (for example) that seems to lead to the possibility of a firewall or router blocking access to port 5061. When using the domain name, you might beconnecting to a domain name server (ISP hosted?), which converts the domain name to your router's public IP address. The next link in the chain is usually a firewall, or your AS/400. So, my guess is that a configuration change in your router or firewall will fix the problem.
    Nathan.
    "curt morehouse" <curt@morehousetruckline.com> wrote in message news:1dfd7ec0.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS...
    I can browse to the WSG signon screen using our INTRANET IP address (192.100.100.100:5061/WSG) but cant get it to work with our INTERNET IP address (as400.hostname.com:5061/WSG) Is there something that I have to set up to allow outside IP address to connect or what? I can connect to our INTERNET address without the :5061/WSG after our IP address. Any help with be GREATLY appreciated.

I can browse to the WSG signon screen using our INTRANET IP address (192.100.100.100:5061/WSG) but cant get it to work with our INTERNET IP address (as400.hostname.com:5061/WSG) Is there something that I have to set up to allow outside IP address to connect or what? I can connect to our INTERNET address without the :5061/WSG after our IP address. Any help with be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

OK I am now able to connect to www.hostname.com:5061/WSG , but after i sing in, the browser address changes to 192.100.100.100:5061/WSG and this is only a viable address when using a pc on our intranet, and doesnt work when trying from the internet. Any ideas?

Comment

Seems like someone else posted a question aboutthe same problem recently. Sorry, I'm not much help on this one.
        "curt morehouse" <curt@morehousetruckline.com> wrote in message news:1dfd7ec0.1@WebX.WawyahGHajS...
        OK I am now able to connect to www.hostname.com:5061/WSG , but after i sing in, the browser address changes to 192.100.100.100:5061/WSG and this is only a viable address when using a pc on our intranet, and doesnt work when trying from the internet. Any ideas?

Comment

Curt,
          That's a DNS (domain name server) issue. When outside your network on the internet your appropriate DNS will translate the .com name to the correct IP address. Inside your network, you may have another DNS that is doing the 192. translation or you may have a HOSTS. file set up to do the equivalent.
          Bill

Comment

Working...
          X