Async & ICF Dial problem... again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Async & ICF Dial problem... again..

I was not much help the last time, but I'll try again. Just to make sure all is OK with the modem and phone number, are you getting a CONNECT when using STRITF? (You said it works fine, but I want to make sure you get a CONNECT). Thanks

Also, I would try the line as CNN(*NONSWTPP). I've found it much more reliable then CNN(*SWTPP).

Comment

Here is my problem; I created a Asynchronous line, Control and Device to connect to a external Hayes Compatible Modem. I have an ICF file and an RPG-Le Program to call out to the modem. (The modem in sitting on my desk with a phone attached.) I Called the line 'SCALE'. Prior to calling my RPG Program, I preform an OVRICFDEVE PGMDEV(SCALE) RMTLOCNAME(SCALE). In my RPG Program I Acquire the Scale Line (SCALE ACQ SCALEICF) Where ScaleICF is my ICF File. I create a line that states 'AT DT3925' + CR (CR is a constant Hex Symbol (x'OD). and I write to the send line in the ICF File. When I listen to the phone attached to the sending Modem, I can hear the numbers being dialed, but it seems like the modem is not 'picking up' first. It is just dialing. Reading the Return Line from the modem it just states 'No Carrier'. If I would Send 'ATI4' + CR the reply is the normal modem status. STRITF works Fine and that dials the number. Starting a communications Trace doesn't really tell me anything, except what is in my line going out.. and comming back in. Please help.

Comment

Yes, when connecting to a modem using STRITF. I do get a connect.

Comment

Working...
        X