Using DDM files/User Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DDM files/User Profiles

Unless I misunderstand your question, I believe that the target machine automatically uses the QUSER profile. Dave

Well, I was hoping to accomplish something like that, but that's not what's happening now...If my user isn't specifically set up on the target system, I get a CPF9190 - Authorization Failure on DDM TCP/IP connection attempt with reason code 5 (User ID not found). If I then set up the user ID on the target machine, access is allowed. I was hoping to find a way to set up a 'default' user profile (like QUSER) but couldn't find documentation on how/where to configure.

Comment

What do you have configured on '8. Communications entries ' on dspsbsd QCMN?

Comment

-------------------------------Job--------------Default-----Max Device--------Mode--------Description----Library---User----Active[*]ALL----------*ANY---------*USRPRF----------------*SYS-----*NOMAX[*]ALL----------QCASERVR-----*USRPRF----------------*NONE----*NOMAX[*]ALL----------QPCSUPP------*USRPRF----------------*SYS----*NOMAX Q1PLOC--------Q1PMOD-------*USRPRF----------------*NONE------0

Comment

I forgot to ask if the jobs are being run in QCMN, or another subsystem?

Comment

Is there a way to configure so that each user that will be using the DDM file doesn't have to have a user profile set up on the target machine? I just implemented an application that many users will be using, and it'd be tedious to have to maintain the user profiles on that machine (in addition to our production box). Thanks. PJ

Comment

The jobs using the DDM files are being run in subsystem QBATCH. There are no communication entries set up there. BTW-am I concerned with the communication entries on the client side, target, or both? pj

Comment

Working...
              X