No announcement yet.

QRYDFN conversion tool to 'proper' SQL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QRYDFN conversion tool to 'proper' SQL?

I thought RTVQRYSRC would do this; it's been a while, but check on it. bobh

Bob, I think you mean RTVQMQRY. RTVQMQRY QMQRY(MyLib/MyQuery) SRCFILE(MyLib/QQRYSRC) ALWQRYDFN(*YES) If there are many queries to process, create an OUTFILE of *QRYDFN objects and process those in a CL program. Chris Ringer

Comment

Does this create pure SQL? I know that it creates a source member, and SQL-like statements, but I did not know if the statements alone could be executed as SQL. Dave

Comment

David, No, it creates some "information" at the top of the source file like this:
        H QM4 05 Q 01 E V W E R 01 03 01/12/18 09:52 V 1001 050 PACPU warehouse before V 5001 004 *HEX SELECT ALL CPUCMP, CPUWHS, (CPUWHS) FROM EDUDS01DBO/PACPU T01 WHERE CPUCMP = 1 AND CPUWHS IN (322, 002, 007) ORDER BY 001 ASC, 002 ASC 
        The top three lines would need to be wrapped in a comment /* xxx */ to be pure-SQL. Chris

Comment

Does anyone know of a product that will reliably convert QRYDFN in to SQL including Left Outer Join for Type 2 QRYDFN's? This is now a major headache for our company with the package that we have bought in to replace Office Vision - any help appreciated.

Comment

Hello! An Tool of our "manufacture" called "QueryOptimizer" does what you are searching for. In fact it's very similar to that what you get with RTVQMQRY manually. If you are interested, have a look at www.goering.de Make a evaluation for free! Regards Andi Goering

Comment

Working...
            X