Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retrieving Program Name that Caused a Trigger Program to Execute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving Program Name that Caused a Trigger Program to Execute.

I wrote a trigger program in RPG for auditing a process in a ERP appliciation, i.e., tracking who/when/where info on customer orders that are taken off of credit hold. I got the program to track the User, Workstation, Time, and date; I now want to track which program caused the order to come off of credit hold. In other words, which program initiated the trigger program. Any suggestions; I'm thinking there must be a way in RPG to get the "called from" or "return to" program. Thanks. Hey, found the answer to my own question: I did a little further digging in Archive and found that Chuck Ackerman was asking a similar question. One of his responses was to search Network/400 website for article(s) on retrieving from a programs call stack -- which I did. From article "Retrieve Current Job's Call Stack", I used the sample code and was able to get the last 10 programs in the call stack. Actually, I ended up retrieving the second program because the first program appears to be related to the trigger event. Thanks again.
Working...
X