Securing Help Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing Help Text

Hello, I know I read somewhere that you can restrict the access to help text to different users. But I can't seem to find it again. I need to restrict the use of some of the F-keys at the bottom of the help text screen, such as F11=InfoSeeker, 13=Information Assistant and F14=Print help. Can anyone offer advice? Thanks, Sandy Howard

Securing Help Text

I've never heard of such a thing, other than just not including any help text of the system whatsoever (by not loading that part of the OS). In any case, it would be pretty pointless as all of the manuals are available on the web. jte

Comment

Securing Help Text

Sandy, I believe that you may be talking about "Assistance level" which can be defined at user profile CHGUSRPRF ... ASTLVL(*SYSVAL, *BASIC, *INTERMED or *ADVANCE) level or system level CHGSYSVAL QASTLVL. HTH

Comment

Securing Help Text

Sandy wrote: I know I read somewhere that you can restrict the access to help text to different users. But I can't seem to find it again. I need to restrict the use of some of the F-keys at the bottom of the help text screen, such as F11=InfoSeeker, 13=Information Assistant and F14=Print help. Can anyone offer advice? ============================================ Sandy, Did you ever get any resolution on this? I have a UIM help panel displayed from a program, but the window that displays has the F13=Information Assistant available. Can this function key(F13) be secured from the users? Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X