Journal receiver threshold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journal receiver threshold

I have a journal receiver with a threshold of 5000k and the journal has been set to MNGRCV(*system) and DLTRCV(*no). I am new to journalling - hence my question - the receiver is now over the threshold size and from what I have read - the system should detach the journal and add a new one. I have been checking QSYSOPR but there are no messages. Is there something I am missing. Thanks for any advice. Anne

Maybe check QHST -- bobh

Comment

Bob, There a no messages in QHST - what I am looking for is what has to happen on the system before it does a CHGJRN when it detaches and add attaches another journal.

Comment

Are you trying to verify that a new reciever has been created? This is from the help text: Message CPF7020 is sent to the journal message queue when the journal receivers are detached. Additionally, during an initial program load (IPL), the system performs a CHGJRN command to create and attach new journal receivers and to reset the journal sequence number of journals that are not needed for commitment control recovery for that IPL. use the wrkjrna command to display the journal attributes. You should be see the message queue for the journal there. I hope this helps

Comment

Anne, What are your receiver names? In order for the system to automatically change receivers, your receiver names must in with a 4 digit number. If they do, the system will assign the next sequential number when it attaches the new receiver. If the name does not end in a 4 digit number, the system doesn't know what to do (though I would be that it sends a message - I'd be shocked if it didn't). HTH jte MC Security Editor

Comment

Thanks for the replies. My receiver detached during the ipl - I thought that it would detach after the threshold was reached.

Comment

Working...
            X