IFS Security Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS Security Question

I have setup a folder (FOLDER) in the ROOT directory and given it a group profile of GROUP. I have given GROUP every possible authority and management option using the Permissions GUI in Ops Nav. I have created a profile (USER) on the AS/400 that matches my windows ID/PW and assigned it to the GROUP profile with the command CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(USER) GRPPRF(GROUP) OWNER(*GRPPRF). I have setup a share to FOLDER with read/write authority. So far everything is going swimmingly. I use windows to map a drive to FOLDER. I create a new subdirectory, which completes, but I cannot rename it. I check out the permissions for the new subfolder and I see that USER has read/write/execute authorities, but no management authorities. I also see that USER is the owner of the new folder. The primary group of the folder and all other permissions were correctly inherited from the parent folder. My understanding of the IFS is that when I use a PC interface, new objects inherit the attributes of the parent folder - which by and large was true. But I really don't want USER to have any explicit authorities... Does anyone know how to prevent USER from having any of these? Thanks! JC

IFS Security Question

John, The IFS interfaces do not support the OWNER(*GRPPRF) attribute of a user profile. Therefore, when a user creates an object into a directory they will own that object. They will also be given private authority to the object. If that is not appropriate, then after the object is created you can change the owner of the object and revoke the creators private authority. Ed Fishel

Comment

Working...
    X