No announcement yet.

Interactive subsystem by IP Addresses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive subsystem by IP Addresses?

I have multiple IP subnets in my network - one for each department. I would like each department to see a different signon screen and sign into a different interactive subsystem. I have the subsystems setup and working fine. Right now, it works if I have the users change thier CA/400 config to use a specific terminal ID. I would rather not depend on the correct terminal ID and would rather somehow let the user's IP address drive the subsystem they go into... any ideas? Thanks, JC

In the February issue of Midrange Computing Magazine, there is an article in Techtalk about "ROUTING INTERACTIVE JOBS by USER". by Russel J. Neilsen You can probably search this forum for this information as well. It routes by User ID, not IP addr. HTH Chris

Comment

John, This is achievable, although I would not recommend it. This is possible only if you assign static IP addresses to your terminals. As your company grows, sooner or later, you will run out of IP addresses. Anyway, if you really want to do this... 1. Setup multiple interactive subsystems with their own unique job queues. 2. Setup a table to match ip-addresses with subsystems. 3. Code a program to check current ip-address and TFRJOB to the proper interactive job queue. (Warning: You must code a routine to prevent looping) 4. Define the program as the user-id's initial program for all your users.

Comment

Working...
      X