Adopt Authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopt Authority

Use DSPPGM and look at the 'user profile' and 'use adopted authority' items. Scott Mildenberger

Adopt Authority

There is also a menu option from the SECTOOLS menu (option 21). Here is the IBM description of this: The Print Adopting Objects (PRTADPOBJ) command allows you to print a report of the objects that adopt the special and private authorities of the specified user profile. This is a way to check for security exposures associated with program adoption. hope that helps

Comment

Adopt Authority

I have changed a program to adopt the owners authority. How do I know that the user has adopted the programs owner authority. Is there any where on the system that will tell me when a user has adopted authority

Comment

Adopt Authority

If you have the Security Audit Journal (QAUDJRN) turned on, and configured to audit Adopted Program entries, you will get an 'AP' type record in the journal receiver everytime someone calls a program that adopts authority. That entry will tell you what program was called, who called it, and (I believe) whose authority was adopted. jte

Comment

Working...
        X