Authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authority

Just received my new 620 with V4R2. Cabled it and powered it up. Signed on as QSECOFR and created myself a profile, cloning QSECOFR. Signed off as QSECOFR, signed on as myself...........burp, not authorized to device (console). Ok. Signed back on as QSECOFR and granted myself authority. Signed off, signed back on as me - it worked. Created Network Server and TR Line configs, set up APPN tables, modified NET Attributes, and IPLd. Added APPN entries to the other AS/400s for the 620. By now the 620 is back. Do a passthru to my 500 - ok. Signon to the 500 and passthru to the 620 - ok. Try to signon to the 620 - Not authorized to (virtual) device. Any one know how to get around this? It's counter productive since you can't grant (globally) authority to virtual devices before they're created.TIAJack McGuigan - MIS Manager - American Life Ins. Co.

Authority

On Tuesday, August 11, 1998, 01:12 PM, Felipe wrote: On Tuesday, August 11, 1998, 12:12 PM, Jack McGuigan wrote: ... - Not authorized to (virtual) device. Any one know how to get around this? It's counter productive since you can't grant (globally) authority to virtual devices before they're created. TIA Jack McGuigan - MIS Manager - American Life Ins. Co. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Check the Create Authority parameter in the library object. Felipe, The Create Authority parameter is set for the *SYSVAL which is set at *CHANGE. My solution was to create 12 clones of one of the QPADEVnnnn devices and edit the security.Regards. Jack Jack McGuigan - MIS Manager - American Life Ins. Co.

Comment

Working...
    X