FTP exit program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP exit program

I am trying to implement an exit program for FTP. All I'm doing as an initial test is read the incoming parameters, print them and unconditionally return an allow code of 1 (Allow). When attempting to start an FTP session from my PC, the request rejects and the FTP job log on the AS/400 states: "The exit program for exit point QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ either did not return data or returned incorrect data for item 1 as listed below: -- 1 = Allow Operation -- 2 = Password -- 3 = User Profile -- 4 = Initial Current Library -- 5 = Return Code" It looks like I'm receiving the incoming paramters OK, but for some reason the allow code isn't being returned or is being returned incorrectly. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot- Jim Michie

FTP exit program

On Friday, August 14, 1998, 02:29 PM, Jim Michie wrote: I am trying to implement an exit program for FTP. ...... It looks like I'm receiving the incoming paramters OK, but for some reason the allow code isn't being returned or is being returned incorrectly. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot- Jim Michie
    what language are you using to write the Exit Pgm...? We had started with RPG but switched to CL; one of the manuals has a complete set of CL model pgms... ...... Bob Hamilton TEXAS BUSINESS SYSTEMS 736 Pinehurst Richardson, Texas 75080

Comment

FTP exit program

Since the AS/400 will not let you delete a user profile that owns objects, and the QSECOFR profile owns a lot of objects, my guess is that you would have to go to a lot of trouble to delete the profile. However, if you did find that you were able to change the owner of all of those objects, it would be interesting to know if the system would then let you delete the profile - anyone know? Debbie Gallagher On Thursday, August 13, 1998, 12:49 PM, Bill Robins wrote: Here's a wild followup to changing QSECOFR's password. Can the profile be deleted? Curious Bill

Comment

FTP exit program

The help text for DLTUSRPRF includes a list of those IBM-supplied user profiles that are not eligible for deletion. QSECOFR is in the list (and I'm sure for good reason).

Comment

Working...
        X