Password last changed date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password last changed date?

PWDCHGDAT: PGM DCL VAR(&UsrPrf ) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) DCL VAR(&PwdChgDat) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6 ) RTVJOBA USER(&UsrPrf ) RTVUSRPRF USRPRF(&UsrPrf) PWDCHGDAT(&PwdChgDat) PGM_END: ENDPGM 
    The date returned in in YYMMDD format.

On Tuesday, September 15, 1998, 08:26 AM, Ted Sarah wrote: I know that somewhere in the security files, that the date that a users password was last changed is kept. How do I get at it? We don't force users to change passwords, but there are some users with access to certain files that we want to remind them to change it if they haven't within a give time frame, and then force them to change it if they don't. Ted Sarah Stow Police & Fire tsarah@gwis.com Chris Ringer...

Password last changed date?

Chris Ringer has posted code to let you get the date that a user's password was last changed. Another option you might look at is the Password Expiration Interval parameter (PWDEXPITV) of the CHGUSRPRF command. That would let you set an expiration interval for specific users. Have fun! On Tuesday, September 15, 1998, 08:26 AM, Ted Sarah wrote: I know that somewhere in the security files, that the date that a users password was last changed is kept. How do I get at it? We don't force users to change passwords, but there are some users with access to certain files that we want to remind them to change it if they haven't within a give time frame, and then force them to change it if they don't. Ted Sarah Stow Police & Fire tsarah@gwis.com

Comment

Working...
    X