Limit Access To Job Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Access To Job Queue

Hope, I am not sure you could "easily" do the jobpty problem, the way you could do the usrprf. The reason is, there is only one parameter to usrprf, the user profile name. To change a job there are two options, * which means the current job -or- the Job Name / Number / Profile combination. Obviously, you would be dealing with the second option and it would be unrealistic for users to know this information. Anyway, here's how the usrprf problem was probably accomplished (maybe it will spark an idea on your end): Create a command named CHGUSRPRF in a library that is higher in the system library list than QSYS. It needs only one parameter, User Profile. It calls a CL program that takes this parameter and feeds it to the CL command CHGUSRPRF thusly,
    ?CHGUSRPRF ?*&usrprf ??PASSWORD(*SAME) ??PWDEXP(*SAME)
    Bill Hope wrote: Thanks for the input, John. Here's my problem in better detail: I need to somehow give specific users the ability to enter a 2 to change a job in a Job Queue, and have it only display Job name, User, Number, and Job Priority - and prompt the JOBPTY field to give them the ability to change the Job Priority. I've seen this done in the past, but I don't recall how it was done. A Programmer created a command, for example, CHGUSRPRF, and he only displayed the USRPRF,PASSWORD and PWDEXP fields. This enabled help desk personnel to reset passwords, but not the ability to change any other fields. Thanks

Limit Access To Job Queue

Hope, Don't give up to easily, I originally said there wasn't an "easy" way to do it. It definitely could be done, you will just need some programming skills to do it. The QUSLJOB API (OS/400 Work Management API's Manual - List Job), will generate a list of jobs for specified parameters; specifically for your case would be user profile. It also allows a filter of *JOBQ for the types of jobs. This API would be the engine to load a screen for the user to select a job(s) to change. From the information selected, it would be easy to do what you want to do from there. Bill Hope wrote: Bill, I agree with you.. After playing around with it, I don't think I can do what I'm wanting to do. If it were a simple command to change a profile, or something similar, I could create a modified command as you mentioned, and limit what fields are displayed. But, this is a bit more complicated. Oh well, thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
    X