Auditing a Group of Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auditing a Group of Users

Hello, I need to find a way to audit our 24 X 7 staff. What I am looking to do is to get reports on the commands they are entering, Date & Time. I have auditing turned on and am currently auditing: Current QAUDCTL system value . . .. : *AUDLVL *OBJAUD *NOQTEMP Current QAUDLVL system value . . . : *AUTFAIL *DELETE *PGMFAIL *SECURITY *CREATE *OBJMGT *SAVRST *NETCMN *PGMADP *PRTDTA System security level . . . : 30 I have looked around in SECTOOLS and haven't found what I needed. Can anyone offer some help. Thanks, Sandy Sabre Technology sandy_howard@amrcorp.com Be Kind, still just trying to get it!!

On Monday, January 18, 1999, 12:49 PM, Sandy Howard wrote: Hello, I need to find a way to audit our 24 X 7 staff. What I am looking to do is to get reports on the commands they are entering, Date & Time. I have auditing turned on and am currently auditing: Current QAUDCTL system value . . .. : *AUDLVL *OBJAUD *NOQTEMP Current QAUDLVL system value . . . : *AUTFAIL *DELETE *PGMFAIL *SECURITY *CREATE *OBJMGT *SAVRST *NETCMN *PGMADP *PRTDTA System security level . . . : 30 I have looked around in SECTOOLS and haven't found what I needed. Can anyone offer some help. Thanks, Sandy Sabre Technology sandy_howard@amrcorp.com Be Kind, still just trying to get it!! Sandy, You're almost there - you just have to use the CHGUSRAUD command to register the user profiles to be logged:
     CHGUSRAUD USRPRF(usrprf1 usrprf2 usrprf3) + OBJAUT(*SAME) + AUDLVL(*CMD) 
    Please let me know if you need further information. Best regards, Carsten Flensburg

Comment

Thanks for the Help. But one more question if I could. I noticed that you cannot use the same command as a WRK or DSP, is there a command to list the users that have this type of auditing turned on?

Comment

Maybe this will help; go to a blank Command line and hit CMD4;take the verbs (2) and scroll down to the audit commands .... 

Bob Hamilton TEXAS BUSINESS SYSTEMS 736 Pinehurst Richardson, Texas 75080

Comment

On Tuesday, January 19, 1999, 02:15 PM, Sandy Howard wrote: Thanks for the Help. But one more question if I could. I noticed that you cannot use the same command as a WRK or DSP, is there a command to list the users that have this type of auditing turned on? Sandy, I use the DSPUSRPRF command to check what audit values are set for a given user profile. If you want to analyze all your profiles issue the following command DSPUSRPRF(*ALL) TYPE(*BASIC) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(lib/file) - and use query to locate userprofiles with object or action auditing values different from *NONE. Best regards, Carsten

Comment

Thanks again, my eyes just didn't see Action Auditing!!

Comment

Working...
            X