WANTED: Cascading Password Changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Cascading Password Changer

Morning, folks: I'm looking for a program that I could use to accomplish the following task: When a user changes their password on one AS/400, the program would go to each of the other six AS/400s in our network and change the password of any identical UserIDs that might be on those other systems. That way, the user would only have to change passwords once, yet all of his/her passwords on all the systems would be the same, as long as he/she uses the same userID on each system. Anyone know of anything out there that can do this, I'd sure love to hear about it. Thanks,Michael
    href="http://www.freshpoint.com"> color="#408080"> The Fresh Produce Experts Michael Daly, Sr. P/A (972) 392-8169

WANTED: Cascading Password Changer

There are undoubtedly application offerings to do this, but you could also accomplish it yourself using (1) the Change User Profile Exit Point, (2) the Retrieve Encrypted User Password API, and (3) the Set Encrypted User Password API. All three enablers can be found in the Security APIs section of the System API Reference.

Comment

Working...
    X