Copying User Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying User Profiles

Does anyone know a convenient way of copying user profiles through a program? I am writing a utility that will allow user profiles to be created/deleted on remote systems from one central point using batch FTP. The deletion of profiles is easy, but on creation the security department want to copy a profile that already exists and only change the password. At present they signon to each remote machine and do wrkusrprf with option 3. I could RTVUSRPRF and then do a create user profile but this is a little messy, are there any suggestions out there?

Copying User Profiles

On Wednesday, May 26, 1999, 07:52 AM, Mike Bourke wrote: Does anyone know a convenient way of copying user profiles through a program? I am writing a utility that will allow user profiles to be created/deleted on remote systems from one central point using batch FTP. The deletion of profiles is easy, but on creation the security department want to copy a profile that already exists and only change the password. At present they signon to each remote machine and do wrkusrprf with option 3. I could RTVUSRPRF and then do a create user profile but this is a little messy, are there any suggestions out there? Have you looked at Operations Navigator? It is a very good way to administer multiple AS/400s on a network. You install it on your PC and you can simply drag and drop a user profile from one AS/400 to another. To use Operations Navigator you must have V4+ or V3r7 and a PTF installed. JHicks@SUZ.com

Comment

Working...
    X