Authorities Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authorities Changing

We have instances where special authorities seem to change. We have a particular user that claims to have lost object authority to a file, and is claiming the system is changing his authority. I say it is not, he does not believe me. He has claimed this has happened on four other occassions, with other objects. Particulars are Model 510, V3.7 Level 30 Security PTF Level 98314 User Class *sysoprSpecial *iosyscfg, *jobctl, *splctl. I granted him *allobj authority, but his complaint with this was that on other users, granting this authority has somehow not allowed them to certain objects(ie displays, printers) that they once had. Can object authorities be changed by the OS, or is something else going on? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Authorities Changing

Most typically lost authorities to objects are effected by deletion and then re-create of that object. So for a printer device, if the OS decided to re-create the device per Auto-config or some such, then that might be the reason; although for that specific function I'd almost guess that before delete a GRTOBJAUT NewDev REFOBJ(OldDev) would've been preformed to prevent such loss.?.? Regards, Chuck Comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever.

Comment

Authorities Changing

On Wednesday, May 05, 1999, 09:24 AM, Emily J. Davis wrote: Em We wish to not have the AS400 warn users that their password is going to expire in x days. We are on V3R7 using Client Access on an ethernet network. We have changed the CA to not give a warning but the users still get the warning once they sign on. This is causing a problem because our network (NT) does not give a warning and we try to have the users change their passwords at the same time. If there is a way to automatically sync the passwords on the AS400 and the NT network that would be helpful to know also. Any help appreciated. Thanks Hi Emily - You may want to check out Title: OS/400 - AS/400 Integration with Windows NT Server (V4R4, I know). Somewhere I recollect that you do not need to be using NT on an IPCS card to avail yourself of some of the features... and I know that password issues is one of the topics. I have not actually used this, but I hope it helps! JC

Comment

Authorities Changing

Emily,CA/Express allows you to use the normal Network profile and password to signon to an AS/400. It's a variable you turn on in CA/E. It uses whatever the user provides when they first boot the work station to signon to the NT Network. The gotcha is support for this starts at V4R3.To get rid of expiration prompt you can change the system value for QPWDEXPITV to *NOMAX. I don't recommend this. It upsets auditors.The 3rd option is to install NY on an IPCS or Net Finity card. Passwords changed in the 400 are distributed to all other NT Servers in the Network, provided TRUST has been established.Hope this helps.Regards. Jack McGuigan - MIS Manager - American Life Ins. Co.

Comment

Authorities Changing

If the user has *allobj authority the system value QLMTSECOFR needs to be turned off or individual authority needs to be granted to each device.

On the other hand, if the user does not have *allobj and devices are being deleted and recreated, check the AUTODLTDEV parameter on your controller descriptions. When two go together one sees before the other.

Comment

Working...
          X