change object ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change object ownership

I am changing ownership on all the objects in a library from QSECOFR to a group profile. Is there a easy way to change these without changing each individual object?

change object ownership

Doreen, It's kinda a yes and no answer. Yes, there is an easy way, but no, you are still changing one at a time. WRKOBJPDM Change to the library you want to process. Show the user-defined PDM Options by hitting F16. Create an option by hitting F6. Select a letter/number combination to use (say CO for change owner). For the command to process type CHGOBJOWN OBJ(&L/&N) OBJTYPE(&T) NEWOWN(the new ownerid) Return to the library/object display. Type CO on the first line. Return to the first line and hit F13. Hit enter. You're done. (On the chgobjown command, the default is to revoke the current owner's authority. Change this is you wish it to not be this.) Bill Doreen J. Wells wrote: I am changing ownership on all the objects in a library from QSECOFR to a group profile. Is there a easy way to change these without changing each individual object?

Comment

change object ownership

Steve, i see the AS400 model 720, and his really donīt has the key, but in a console, you just install the soft which control the "control panel". This soft you install which Client Access Operations Console. On Friday, May 21, 1999, 06:48 AM, Steve McKay wrote: Karl - Wait a minute . . . it has a key but the key isn't required to IPL?? The reason for my original question was because my auditors get really anal about having a keylock to prevent 'a bad guy' from IPLing the machine (yeah, I know, but they're mainframe auditors so I cut 'em some slack). Anyway, I can't wait to tell 'em that the 730 we're about to order has a key but it won't prevent Simon Legree from IPLing the machine >-) hee hee Steve "Enter any 11 digit prime number to continue . . . "

Comment

change object ownership

Thanks, that works great!!! Doreen

Comment

Working...
        X