shared folders security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shared folders security

am trying to secure shared folder.. i create an authorization list create the folder assign the authorization list change public to *exclude .. when a user that is not in the authorization list selects the folder thru windows explorer they are allowed to enter the folder .. i am runnning and as400 uneder 3r2 os400

shared folders security

What was the sensitivity set too? What did the user sign on to the AS400 as? If you have CA you can tell what you are signed in as by looking at AS400 Connections.

Comment

shared folders security

First, at what security level is your system set? Lower than Level 30, object level authority is not enforced. There's no point in setting authorization lists, etc. DSPSYSVAL QSECURITY to find out, just in case. If you are at Level 30 or higher, then check user profiles: I've seen more than once that, though the system is set to Level 30, every user profile has *ALLOBJ authority. Again, there's no point in setting authorization lists up if everyone has overriding authority to all objects anyway. I'd be interested to know if either of these is your problem or if it's something else altogether. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X